Product Description and Use
QPR® UtiliMax Black is a dense graded and water activated material suitable for use on roads, driveways, and walkways as well as various utility operations where the repair of asphalt or blacktop is required. The product contains new modifier technology which provides superior placement and produces a virtually permanent repair in a short period of time, even in cold, damp conditions. Product will be fully cured in 24 hours. QPR UtiliMax Black is designed for small potholes, depressions, aprons, edging, berms and water control.
Square cut the vertical sides of the hole to provide for proper confinement of the patch. Remove all loose material. Sweep the area thoroughly.
It is recommended that you wear impervious gloves such as nitrile when working with any asphalt material. Follow these procedures when applying QPR UtiliMax Black:
- The application should not be less than 1 in (25 mm) thick after final compaction. Fill the hole with QPR Utilmax Black to a height of .5 in (13 mm) crowning above the surrounding area. Material over 2 in (50 mm) must be applied in 2 in (50 mm) lifts which must be adequately compacted before additional material is added.
- Pour water evenly across the entire repair. Approximately 1 pt (0.5 L) of water per square foot of area. Repeat for each layer.
- Compact to a level surface with a Mechanical or hand tamper. Apply additional water to the surface of the compacted area; enough that there is standing water on the surface.
- Apply QPR Utilmax Black at a depth of 1 in – 4 in (25 – 100 mm). Apply in 2 in (50 mm) lifts so that adequate compaction of each layer can be accomplished before more material is added. The product is not designed for curbs or other unconfined areas or designed to replace the use Hot Mix Asphalt for large areas such as entire driveways or parking lots.
- Avoid getting QPR Utilmax Black on hands or clothing
- Avoid dry turning tires on patched area until the material has hardened sufficiently (certain weather conditions may extend this period). Typical times can range from 1 to 5 hr.
- Follow asphalt sealer manufacturer’s directions regarding application of sealers.
- Do not use for resurfacing paved areas